CKUA is launching its 2020 Powered by People Spring Campaign during one of the most perilous times in human history. As a result, things will be different; our campaign will run for the entire month of April, with the on-air portion you’re most used to taking place between April 16th and 26th, and we’ll aim to reach our $650,000 target, as planned.
Our CKUA Edmonton-Alberta Hotel Studio is closed until we receive a ‘green-light’ from our governments to alter their current mandates for all of us Canadians to work remotely from home. As a result, we cannot operate our traditional volunteer-run pledge room and accept donations over the phone. Yes, we are disappointed as we love talking to many of you personally during the fundraiser!
For this campaign, if you wish to make a gift to CKUA, please donate online, either via our site or by texting us. We recognize that donating online may be new for some of you. That’s why we created a couple of short “how-to” videos, which we hope easily explain the online donation options and processes for you. Please watch these and share them! If you have questions or encounter issues, please contact email@example.com and we will happily assist you!
How-to donate online steps in a nutshell:
- Go to CKUA.com/support/donate
- Click on the yellow Donate now button in the middle of the main screen (this will take you to donate.ckua.com/standard-donations)
- Select the type of gift you would like to make: one-time, monthly or a donated hour
- Select or fill in the amount you wish to donate
- Fill out your details. This information is required for your tax receipt (which will be sent in Feb 2021)
- Decide how you would like to make your donation, via a credit card or direct debit (you will need your financial institution and branch name as well as institution ID, transit and account number. All of this is available on the bottom of a paper cheque or by logging on to internet banking)
- Click on the black Donate now button. This will process your donation, so be sure to only click it once.
- A new screen will open thanking you for your donation. This screen will also contain a link where you can make a musical suggestion or share a story with CKUA. Click on the link to proceed. If this donation was made in honour or in tribute to someone, click on the link provided to include those details.
- If you choose to make a musical suggestion enter the information requested in to the fields provided and click submit.
- That is all! Thank you for supporting Alberta’s voice for music, arts, and culture.
How-to donate via text steps in a nutshell:
- Enter the number 45678, on your text messaging app
- Text the letters C-K-U-A
- Select your amount, $5 or $25
- Please note that your donation amount will be added to your mobile phone bill and all mobile users can obtain a tax receipt for their donations made via text message by visiting: www.mobilegiving.ca/tax-receipt (100% of your donation goes to CKUA!)
- Click the link to make your musical request so we can play you a song and say thanks!
- And just like that, you’re done donating and can feel good about supporting CKUA, your voice for music, arts, and culture in Alberta and beyond!
- For information on how your personal details are used, how to obtain an official tax receipt, and more FAQs, please visit www.mobilegiving.ca/en/donors
- Also of note, we can accept multiple text-to-give donations up to June 30.
Donating by Cheque?
Please make cheque payable to “CKUA Radio Network” and mail to:
CKUA Radio Network
9804 Jasper Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0C5