CKUA is a not for profit, donor-supported radio network that brings music, arts and culture to Alberta via 16 radio transmitters and around the world online. Educating and connecting listeners through their love of music, CKUA offers a unique set of values that enhances our living experience and makes life worth listening to! In order to support this work, CKUA is seeking a Database Administrator to drive an ambitious fund development program and to continue the successful retention and stewardship of existing donors. The Database Administrator supports the mission of CKUA by managing the functionality of the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database and providing timely information, lists and reports for CKUA staff as required. The role requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, working as part of a comprehensive fundraising and communications team dedicated to building a culture of philanthropy. The Database Administrator routinely handles confidential materials, coordinates cross-departmental projects, and meets deadlines. This person also possesses strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
External Relations Department and Role
CKUA funding comes directly from individual donors and through arts and governmental donors. CKUA needs to grow its funding to provide high quality programming, reach new audiences and deepen relationships with existing listeners and donors. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Administrator is an integral part of the CKUA development and communications team. The Database Administrator manages all aspects of the RE database, builds relationships with donors, assists in cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship events, while supporting increased donor revenues to CKUA through a variety of fund development strategies and activities. Responsibilities also include processing gifts, acknowledgments, and reporting of cash contributions, in-kind contributions, online gifts, and matching gifts. The successful incumbent will have an established record of success in working with RE in a team environment, demonstrating clear communication, respect and trust as well as a high degree of flexibility, accuracy and attention to detail, ensuring all research, donor records, and information are obtained and maintained in an ethical and confidential manner.
This position requires a 40-hour workweek with some additional hours during busy periods and other duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Advanced level and proven proficiency in RE and its standard modules
- Minimum of 3 years database management experience with high level of efficiency, accuracy and speed
- Possesses an understanding of how development activities integrate with financial activities and fundraising methods, CRA and FOIP regulations
- Experience with mapping and merging separate data sources into RE
- Proficiency in using Office 365 software and Crystal Reports
- Working knowledge of IATS is considered an asset
- Analytic, detail-oriented and results-focused
- Competent problem solver and adept at foreseeing and mitigating challenges
- Able to anticipate and plan for future events, trends, problems and opportunities
- Strong communicator with the ability to distil complex processes/challenges and
- Effectively recommend solutions clearly
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and teamwork skills
- Proven and excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Accountable, ethical, donor-centric, conscientious
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and multi-task with high efficiency
- Proven capacity to work in a directed and self-directed manner, as well as demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers
- Enthusiastic about music, arts and culture
- Great energy and drive with a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Ability to relate comfortably to donors and volunteers
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance of interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people
Behavioral Expectations: (Common to all positions)
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Treat others and their ideas with respect and dignity
- Set a good example for others
- Be an active coach for everyone in the organization
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and communication
- Insist on excellence and be accountable to one another
- Build group cohesiveness and pride through teamwork
- Demonstrate confidence in CKUA and its workforce
- Value and promote creativity and the change process
- Be a good communicator and listener; be available and visible
- Develop yourself to your highest potential
Please send your cover letter and resume to Laura Svajlenko, Acting Director of Development at email@example.com. Only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.