Director of Development
CKUA is a living legacy; authentic radio made in Alberta and heard throughout the world since 1927. Touted for music discovery, it is also the curator of a music collection that consists of more than 1.5-million pieces of music spanning almost a century of recording history. Throughout its history CKUA has evolved to become more than radio; it’s an iconic and vital cultural institution—a unique local invention that has become part of the cultural fabric of Alberta for over 90 years.
Community-supported, CKUA depends on the loyal and committed support of its constituents to achieve its vision and mission. With a new strategic direction and plan that focuses on growth and change in a rapidly-evolving marketplace, CKUA invites your interest in joining our leadership team as Director of Development.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and managing all aspects of CKUA’s fund development programs and activities. These programs include twice-annual on-air fundraising campaigns, annual, major and planned giving campaigns, grants, and all areas of prospect research, cultivation, management and stewardship. CKUA has two studios – its headquarters at the Alberta Hotel in Edmonton, and the Calgary Foundation Studio located in the National Music Centre in Calgary.
Essential to the role is the responsibility for leading and mentoring the fund development team and modelling excellent cross-departmental coordination to maximize opportunities designed to engage current and future donors. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, the progressive utilization of technology in all aspects of work, and demonstrated success in accountability reporting are also necessary.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, our ideal candidate is an established fund development professional and community builder with a passion for music and the arts. They have a CFRE with a proven record of success; are someone recognized for their positive and progressive relationships based on clear communication, respect and trust; are experienced in creative and diverse organizations with multiple and competing priorities, and can lead and mentor teams.
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- An undergraduate degree plus seven years of progressive senior fund development experience (or equivalent); CFRE professional accreditation is an asset.
- Demonstrated success in planning, budgeting, and implementing an annual integrated Fund Development program.
- A proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts.
- Demonstrated success working with leadership volunteers and a governance board of directors.
- Demonstrated success in creating and leading a team, including performance management.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Independent initiative, sound judgment and strategic decision-making abilities.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and deal with a high degree of organizational complexity.
- Experience with CRMs; Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- A desire to work with creative and collaborative teams who are committed to quality, values and leadership.
CKUA is pleased to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2019.