Be part of Alberta’s rich cultural history, and its future.
Apply to join CKUA’s Board of Directors.
CKUA is more than a radio station. It’s an arts and culture hub with a long and deep-rooted history in Alberta. It’s a cultural archive that grows every single day. And it’s a force that shapes that culture as well, using digital tools to reach an ever-growing global audience with strong Albertan and Canadian roots.
That’s what we need your help with. Building on this vision, and helping CKUA to grow on the air, online and in communities across Alberta.
CKUA’s Board of Directors serves the Foundation and its members with representatives from Edmonton, Calgary, and communities around Alberta.
The Board works with CKUA’s management team to oversee the development of the strategic plan. The board sets the direction and objectives of the organization. The CKUA Management team executes on the strategic plan and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization.
As stipulated in the CKUA By-Laws, Directors are elected for two-year terms, and limited to serve a maximum of six years.
We’re looking for an individual who can fill the board’s treasurer role for the 2020 board year. The treasurer works with management to ensure clear and accurate financial reporting is available to the board to help the organization make sound financial decisions. The treasurer also holds the role of Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee.
The qualities and skills we’re looking for in our next treasurer include:
- A CPA accounting designation.
- Accounting experience at a senior level.
- Previous experience in finance and audit committees for profit or not for profit organizations.
- Experience being chair of finance and audit committees.
- ICD designation and/or other board education is preferred.
- A strategic mindset as well as a clear understanding financial operations.
Here’s what we look for in CKUA board members:
- A demonstrated commitment to actively promote the values, vision and mission of the CKUA Radio Foundation;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the vision, mission and values of the CKUA Radio Foundation and the Radio Network to partners, stakeholders and the broader community;
- Willingness and time available to participate in board, committee, as well as project meetings and activities;
- In addition to leaders and creative thinkers, attributes and expertise we are seeking include passionate people with fund development, strategic planning and change management experience.
- CKUA strives to be an inclusive and diverse organization. The board is looking for diverse voices and perspectives that represent a diversity of ethnicity, gender, ability, and age.
- 18 years of age or older.
- An enthusiasm for helping uplift and inspire organizations and their members.
- A minimum annual donation of $240 and an annual foundation member fee to be part of the CKUA Radio Foundation.
Please include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Briefly tell us why you’re applying to serve on the CKUA Radio Foundation Board of Directors and what contribution you can make on our small but dedicated team.
- A resume highlighting your experience and qualifications including:
- Business/work experience
- Previous board experience
- Past experience that would assist the board, particularly in the areas of expertise listed above (i.e. human resources, legal, risk and compliance, and policy)
- Previous community and/or volunteer activities
- Contact information (including full legal name, address, phone numbers, email)
- Two work and/or volunteer related references (name, contact information)
Please submit your cover letter and resumé to CKUA Radio at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only those individuals shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
Collected information will only be used by CKUA Radio Foundation to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. This is governed by the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. If you have any questions on the collection and use of this information, please contact CKUA.
The CKUA Radio Foundation is a non-profit society, incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta, for the continued support and enhancement of the activities of the CKUA Radio Network.