Be part of Alberta’s rich cultural history, and its future.
Apply to join CKUA’s Board of Directors
The COVID-19 pandemic has created many unforeseen challenges for organizations across Alberta and beyond, but the strength and commitment of CKUA’s Board of Directors and management, along with the continued support of our donors, have allowed us to respond effectively during these uncertain times.
Are you looking for an opportunity to exercise your business skills while giving back to your community?
CKUA’s Board of Directors is seeking your expertise to help build our legacy and vision, and support CKUA’s growth on-air, online, and in-person in communities across Alberta.
CKUA is a donor-supported arts organization that inspires and connects through the power of music, arts, culture and story. With a focus on musical discovery, we showcase the best creative work from Alberta and beyond and deliver it on-air, online and, in-person. With eclectic and engaging programming, colourful characters, and incredible music, CKUA has been a vital part of the Alberta community since 1927.
The Board of Directors serves the Foundation and its members with representatives from across Alberta. The Board works with CKUA’s management team to oversee the development of the strategic plan. The board sets the direction and objectives of the organization. The CKUA Management team executes on the strategic plan and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization.
As stipulated in the CKUA By-Laws, Board Directors are elected for two-year terms, and limited to serve a maximum of six years. Although recruitment for board members is taking place during summer 2020, the term for new board members starts in January 2021.
Skills we are seeking:
- Senior management experience leading people, strategy, and transformative change.
- Finance and accounting experience, along with a CPA designation.
- Human resources or labour relations experience.
- Legal experience, ideally in the areas of media regulation and/or contracts.
- Fund development or donor relations experience.
- Strong governance experience in a corporate or not-for-profit environment
- Board experience as a committee chair and/or board chair.
- Industry experience in broadcasting or digital media.
- An ICD.D designation is considered an asset.
Attributes you possess:
- A demonstrated commitment to actively promote the vision, mission, and values, of the CKUA Radio Foundation;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the vision, mission and values of the CKUA Radio
- Foundation and the Radio Network to partners, stakeholders and the broader community;
- Willingness and time available to participate in board, committee, as well as project meetings and activities;
- Access to technology to attend board and committee meetings virtually.
- Critical and creative thinkers.
- CKUA strives to be an inclusive and diverse organization. The board is looking for diverse voices and perspectives that represent a diversity of ethnicity, gender, ability, and age.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Enthusiasm for community support and engagement.
- An annual CKUA Radio Foundation member fee and minimum annual donation.
Please include the following in your application:
- Briefly tell us why you’re applying to serve on the CKUA Radio Foundation Board of Directors, and what contribution you can make on our dedicated team.
A resume highlighting your experience and qualifications including:
- Business/work experience that aligns with any of the areas of expertise we are seeking.
- Previous board experience
- Previous community and/or volunteer activities
Please submit your cover letter and resumé to CKUA Radio at email@example.com. This posting will be active until suitable candidates are found. You are encouraged to apply early. We expect to begin our interviews mid-August 2020.
Please note that only those shortlisted for an interview with the Nominating Committee will be contacted. Thank you for your application, and good luck.
Collected information will only be used by CKUA Radio Foundation to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected or for a use consistent with that purpose. This is governed by the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. If you have any questions on the collection and use of this information, please contact CKUA Radio.
The CKUA Radio Foundation is a non-profit society, incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta, for the continued support and enhancement of the activities of the CKUA Radio Network.