CKUA Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
This contest is governed by Canadian Law.
Entrants into this Backstage Contest shall be deemed to have accepted the following Terms and Conditions:
Who Can Enter, For What and How Winners Are Chosen
- This Backstage Contest is open to CKUA entrants who provide their name and email address to CKUA, and are aged 18 or over. There is no entry fee associated with our Backstage Contests.
- CKUA Employees, Board Members, their immediate family members and those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to enter or win CKUA Prize Draws.
- The closing dates of the Prize Draw are listed on our Backstage page www.ckua.com/backstage. The winner will be notified Wednesday June 2nd via email, and at www.ckua.com/backstage
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received. Only one entry will be counted per person.
- CKUA accepts no responsibility for prizes entries that are lost, incomplete or otherwise not received.
- CKUA retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize cannot be delivered as promoted.
How Winners Are Communicated With and How to Confirm Acceptance of Prize
- The prize Winner will be notified via email.
- The Winner is to reply to the email notification, to accept the prize and the terms and conditions.
- Forfeit of prize – If a winner does not respond to CKUA via email at email@example.com within 5 days of being notified by CKUA, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CKUA shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (that winner will be required to respond within 5 days of notification via email or prize will be forfeited and CKUA will continue to select and attempt contact with entrants as outlined above until a winner has been produced.)
- If a winner declines their prize or the entry is found to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and CKUA shall be entitled to select another winner as outlined above.
- Winners will be posted at CKUA.com/backstage within 10 days of draw.
Rules Around Prizes
- The prize described must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions or exchanges permitted and are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- This prize has no cash value, and unused services will not be refunded or exchanged.
- Prize will be emailed to the winner by the date listed at www.ckua.com/backstage.
What CKUA Does With Winners Names and Information
- Prize winners may be invited to take part in promotional activity related to Backstage Contest and the winner shall participate in such activity on CKUA’s reasonable request.
- The winner consents to the use by CKUA, both before and after the closing date of Backstage Contest for an unlimited time, of the winner’s name, for publicity purposes across a range of media, including but not restricted to, Print, On-air, Web and Social media hosted by CKUA without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering Backstage Contest, all entrants consent to the same.
- By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails and other communications from CKUA. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every communication sent.
- By entering Backstage Contest, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Backstage Contest entry, and for the purposes outlined in the points above above.
- CKUA shall use and protect personal information you supply to us in accordance with data protection legislation.
Waivers and Legalities
- Acceptance of any Backstage Contest indicates that the winner of the prize understands and accepts the following:
- CKUA accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the winner as a result of entering the Backstage Contest or accepting any prizes.
- CKUA shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by acts and events outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Backstage Contest will be governed by Alberta law and entrants to the Backstage Contest submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of Alberta courts. CKUA reserves the right to update these terms and conditions prior to the prize draws as outlined above.
- Promoter: CKUA Radio Network, 9804 Jasper Ave, Edmonton T5J 0C5.
If you have any questions about how to enter, or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “CKUA Backstage Contest” in the subject line.