CKUA 50/50 Raffle Rules
- Foundation: The 50/50 Raffle (the “Raffle”) shall be conducted by the CKUA Radio Foundation (the “Foundation”) pursuant to a Raffle license (the “AGLC Raffle License”) from the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (“AGLC”) and in accordance with the Criminal Code of Canada, Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act and Regulations, AGLC Policy, AGLC Raffle Terms and Conditions, and the terms of the 50/50 Raffle Services Agreement between the Foundation and Rafflebox. (the “Service Provider”).
- Date and Location of Draw: The draw will take place by random number generation (“RNG”) online during the dates listed in the AGLC Raffle License (the “50/50 Raffle Event(s)”). The draw will take place at CKUA Radio (CKUA Alberta Hotel located at 9804 Jasper Ave NW Edmonton AB T5C 0J5.)
- Rules: These are the official 50/50 Raffle Rules and are available upon request.
- Eligibility: The Raffle is open to all persons who are located in the Province of Alberta when purchasing tickets online. Ticket purchasers must be 18 years of age or older. Ticket purchases must be made using a major credit card, Visa Debit or MasterCard Debit. Credit or Debit cards used for payment must have an Alberta address. Employees of the Service Provider, the Foundation including its Board of Directors, CKUA Radio and members of their immediate family (defined as mother, father, brother, sister, son, daughter, husband or wife, who reside in the same household) are NOT eligible to participate (defined as purchase tickets or receive prizes) in the 50/50 Raffle. Each ticket sold shall be eligible to participate in the draw conducted under the authority of the AGLC Raffle License.
- Minor Children: Adult ticket purchasers are not to give their ticket to a person under the age of 18 years as required by the Public Trustees Act.
- No Transfer of Tickets: Ticket Purchasers may not transfer their tickets to anyone else prior to claiming the prize.
- Tickets: Ticket pricing shall be:Regular Ticket: $10.00 for 1 raffle number (999 tickets available)
Discount 1 Ticket: $20.00 for 4 raffle numbers (20,000 tickets available)
Discount 2 Ticket: $50.00 for 20 raffle numbers (96,000 tickets available)
Discount 3 Ticket: $100.00 for 100 raffle numbers (650,000 tickets available)There are 766,999 raffle numbers available on the AGLC Raffle License. A physical ticket will not be mailed out for this draw. A ticket will be emailed to you after purchase.
- No Refunds: All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds issued to anyone for any reason. All tickets purchased and for which the raffle numbers on those respective tickets are entered into the draw cannot be refunded, including if a ticket purchaser made an error in selecting the amount of tickets they desire to purchase.
- The Draw: CKUA 50-50 raffle ticket sales will be announced prior to the stated draw date with the jackpot growing until the draw. Ticket sales will end at 11:59pm MT on August 23, 2023. After Sales have been closed, the draw shall take place on August 24, 2023 at 11:00 am. The draw shall take place at CKUA Radio (CKUA Alberta Hotel located at 9804 Jasper Ave NW Edmonton AB T5C 0J5) and is open to the public. The winning raffle number will be determined by a random draw utilising a certified AGLC ERS provider (Rafflebox) Random Number Generator. The draw will not be cancelled. In the event of a power failure the draw will take place immediately upon restoration of power.
- Winner Notification: The winning number will be announced on-air, on social media platforms and posted online at ckua.com. In the case of a discrepancy between the posted raffle number and the actual raffle number selected through RNG, the actual raffle number selected through RNG will be the valid winning raffle number.
- The Prize: The Prize will be 50% of the gross revenue received from all tickets sold. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Foundation’s sole discretion. The Prize shall be paid by cheque from the Foundation. The designated winning raffle number contained in the ticket purchaser’s 50/50 ticket is validation for claiming the Prize.
If a winning ticket has more than one name affiliated with it, the Foundation shall award the prize to only one of the individuals identified on the ticket, and that the licensed charity and the AGLC are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between the different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub.
- Consent for Contact: By playing you consent to having your name and winning numbers published. By playing you consent to being contacted by CKUA.
- Claiming the Prize: Winners have one year from the draw date to claim their prize. If a prize winner cannot be located or contacted, CKUA will secure or place in safekeeping the unclaimed prize for a period of 1 year. If at that time the prize has not been claimed, the prize will be used as gaming proceeds for CKUA, upon AGLC approval.
- Contact Information: Inquiries, concerns or feedback can be directed to CKUA, (780) 428-2012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.